Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Because Life is Funny that Way...

I wanted to share a funny story that happened a month ago that all you victims of bullies will appreciate:  When I was in first grade I had a very long bus ride-maybe an hour to school.  There was a second grader named Sarah that was always very mean to me.  Then, in high school we met up again in math class.  Her group were the attitude girls who got enjoyment out of making fun of anyone different.  In high school different was my middle name (in a creative sense) so you can imagine how that went.  Then I worked for a medical supply company for a year in between high school and college where we met up again.  The attitude was toned down and we became friendly.  So here I am at Wal-Mart in my Sunday's best and I run into her.  She has two kids, I have two kids.  She's in a townhouse, I'm in a townhouse.  She's gained a lot of weight, I have not.  I am not at all a vindictive person but it does make my blood boil knowing what bullies can get away with.  So, I had a smile on my face as I walked out of the store knowing she was going to tell her attitude girl posse that she saw me and I looked at the top of my game.

No comments: