Sunday, October 1, 2006

So I got ahead of myself...

I quit my job last week much to the suprise of everyone.  There are numerous reasons for doing this, but the main ones are I missed my kids and the dentist could be a jerk.  I told you how sceptical I was about finding a new job and I proved myself right.  Everything looked good on paper, but when you have someone demeaning you 50% of the time your mental facilities don't know which way is up.  It's hard to walk away from something I enjoyed doing but was not going to work in the long run.  Besides, I'm princess Barbie.  It is good to note my husband just got hired on where he was consulting which makes staying at home more doable.  I was given the book Misery Moms: How to Live on One Income so now I'll have to get around to reading it.  Now you know why I haven't blogged at all.  The job stressed me out.  I was not even able to get my lines for the next audio drama, Iron Legion.  I don't know how women do it who have little ones and work more than 20 hours a week outside the home.  I guess having a six figure income would help.  What I value above all is time.  When will my daughter be 3 again?  When will she want me to play dress up and play store like she does now?  When I was little, I remember never having to conform to a schedule.  (So maybe that's why I'm always late is besides the point)  I had a great time during my preschool years of making tents out of foldable chairs and sheets.  My mom would sew dresses for my Barbies.  It was a simple time.  I can't help but want Madeleine to have the same.  So what if we don't buy all her clothes from Gymboree.  So what if I don't have money to get our dream house sooner.  People in this day and age are more consumed with wanting things they don't need than spending unstructured time with their kids.  I understand two income families are a necessity but I feel sorry for the parents that let the precious years of their children go by under someone else's supervision.

No comments: