Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Spoke Too Soon

Last night was a bit rough.  I felt awful all day, getting worse until, when Julio got home, I asked him to take me to the ER.  I called my surgeon's office to talk to a nurse and see if I could get a new medication, because the pain medicine they gave me wasn't helping.  The surgeon is on vacation, and the nurse told me that she couldn't prescribe me anything else.  "That's what he prescribed you and that's what you should take." she said.  Unbelievable!  I was in all this pain and she was not helpful at all.  I had so much pain in my sinuses, and having the nasal junk dripping down my nose into my stomach was making me very nauseous.  I went to the ER and was there for a few hours.  They gave me two new medicines which have helped a lot.  When we got home, I threw up, but that helped me feel better.

I'd like to thank everyone who expressed their thoughts and concerns here and on Julio's site.  I really appreciated that.  Hopefully I'll be getting better in the next week or so.

No comments: