Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nice Guys Don't Always Finish Last

I have subscribed to the Philadelphia Inquirer for at least five years.  I have seen various deals when signing up for their auto-pay.  I never got around to calling when those were in place to benefit from them.  So when a telemarker called me to make a payment, he asked me how I was.  Well, I could hear the suprise in his voice when I asked him the same. When I asked him about specials for signing up for auto-pay, he said they didn't have any now.  I told him I recalled last time I saw theater tickets for signing up for auto-pay, he said he'd ask his manager.  When he found it would take sometime to track some down, he said he'd call me back.  It took him a half hour just to dig up some tickets.  Why would a stranger do such a thing?  He said my friendliness motivated him.  I let him know it was not in vain because I live in the boondocks, void of such culture.  It brightened my day.  And all I had to do was be nice.

No comments: