Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Almost there...

Julio's progress has been slow in getting better.  I had to drag him to the doctor yesterday because I knew he should be better by now.  The doctor gave him a different antibiotic and said he was perscribing a stronger cough medicine.  When we picked it up, it was the exact same cough medicine he was already prescribed!  Maybe it was a mistake on CVS's end or maybe the cranky doctor didn't check his records right. 

I feel an impatience to get him better because we are actually going to Ocean City, MD on Friday for a week.  We have never taken a vacation during the winter months, but our friends invited us down with them.  Julio had wanted to go to Ocean City over the summer, and the rates just keep going up.  I doubt we could comfortably afford a roach infested motel from June to August down there.  Last year we stayed at a cottage in Chincoteague Island and went to OC for the day.  Plus, the things we like to do down there don't always involve the beach.  We are big into used book stores.  For Julio, it's relaxing just to walk around a mall during the day.  It helps that the biggest country store on the East coast will be a half hour away: The Country House near Salisbury.  It's my favorite country store of all time.  My favorite part of OC is the bay.  The condo our friends have is right on the bay, so what more could I ask for?  It will be nice going down with our friends Marc and Val and their daughter Andrea.  We have never taken a vacation with another family before, but we all get along so well I have no worries. 

Now I just gotta get that husband in shape so he can enjoy it!

No comments: