Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Chiropractor Has A New Patient

Julian woke me up at 4:00 a.m. because he woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. He's sleeping soundly and I've been up since then with my mind racing over trivial things no matter how I've tried to calm it. It's now 6:30.  It doesn't help that I'm in the middle of a stomach bug and could probably use the rest. But while up and not interrupted, why not blog?

I was reading over a little magazine my chiropractor gives out and saw a small paragraph on how chiropractic care helps children with ADHD.  I thought, why not?  I have full trust in my chiropractor that he wouldn't do anything that wasn't necessary and he's not the money hungry type like a few I've known.  That is proven in my next sentence.  I was concerned about the cost, only to learn a child's visit is only $12!  I scheduled a visit for that very day.

It turns out his back was completely out of alignment!  Even his hip was out of alignment!  It's hard for me to grasp the idea of children's backs not being easily self-adjusting.  Ideally, our bodies are supposed to self-align when we go to sleep at night (you stomach sleepers know who you are).   As adults, we are constantly putting strain on our bodies.  What does Julian do but reach for that PS2 controller and sit back on his beanbag? 

I am praying this was the trick we needed to get the rest of the school year on track.  He is doing well overall, but that's because of having an aid. Being more consistent with his Omega 3 oil supplements should help as well.  He will need adjustments now every week for a few weeks so his body can be "taught" where everything is supposed to stay.  Before this visit, he was complaining of neck pain. Because of his anxiety, it's hard sometimes to know what is real and what is overexaggerated.  It turns out, the neck pain was real and now feels better. 

At school today, Julian's going to get a copy of his music program on DVD and I hope to have the part with his solo put up on my site for your viewing pleasure.  I will just have to wait for my I.T. department (aka Julio) to upload it for me.

Now I ask you, how am I going to get through today with only five hours sleep?

No comments: