Friday, April 18, 2008

It never hurts to ask...

This week has been frustrating with Julio still being in pain and having his car in the shop for a week. I have been carless and in this town I'm discovering it's not very walkable. I haven't been able to take Madeleine to preschool, I couldn't pick Julian up from school yesterday when he had a bathroom accident. I was starting to walk the 3/4 of a mile there (since he missed the bus home) and Julian's aide came to my rescue! She picked us up and drove us to and from. It was sad to me that I couldn't think of one person that would be home to help me. I'm friendly enough with the neighbor but don't feel comfortable asking her for help. The other neighbors are aloof and distant. Oh and the other one that is friendly I think is creepy.

The title of this post is about a completely different topic, but now that I'm looking at it perhaps I should apply it in other arenas. Well this story involves the Decemberists. Remember that I preordered a Colin Meloy CD, and he was going to sign the first 300 copies? Well I missed out on that. However, when I initially ordered they somehow charged me twice. We got them to take the charge off but wound up getting two CDs. Both without Colin's signature. So I e-mailed their "store" telling them my conscience would not let me keep the other CD. I would mail it back to them. I also wrote how upset I was I missed out on the signed copies and if I sent my own copy, could it be signed? I never dreamed Jim Davis would write back, why not Colin Meloy? Well a woman wrote back thanking me for my honesty and if I sent both back, she would send me a signed copy that was a part of a few additional one he signed. I'm so excited! And all I had to do was ask.

No comments: