Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The conference call that didn't get to happen

Last week I was set up with Julian's teacher and his psychiatrist for a conference call to discuss his symptoms.  I get a call from another doctor saying that Julian's doctor had a personal emergency and will call later to reschedule.  I find out later that he was attacked by a female patient and went to the hospital.  He had a fracture on his face (he didn't say where) from her hitting him with a phone.  She was arrested for aggravated assault.  So I have to wait another week to have the call and another week after that before we solidify anything. 

His doctor is a gentle man, all skin and bones.  He apologized to the teacher and to me for not being able to keep the appointment.  I said we both understand, how could anyone not? I will keep you updated.  Tonight, Julian's having an all boys sleep over.  I have plenty of Tylenol in stock.

P.S.  A quick shout out to a certain relative in Pottstown--you know who you are.  Thanks for reading!

No comments: