Monday, November 19, 2007

It figures...

It took a lot for me to post my Little Mermaid song on Broadwayworld.com but it had to be done.  I had loved the music of the Little Mermaid since it came out while I was in seventh grade.  Starting around that time, a favorite past time of mine began: manipulating my voice to sound like my favorite singers.  So Jodi Benson, the voice of Ariel, became fun to mimic.  Flash forward to now: not being able to fall back asleep at 4 a.m. last week, I stumbled upon this contest with two days left to enter.  The winner would get to be in the recording studio for the cast recording, tickets to the show and more. I had to do it.  I would regret not doing it, no matter what kind of geek I would look like. We don't have the greatest digital recorder, so the video did not turn out the best.  But I did it.  I had all my ducks in a row.  The submission was approved.  Now, I just had to get all my family and friends, and all their friends to vote for me.  I sent a mass e-mail out detailing my plight.  I know some people did forward it on to their friends of which I am grateful.  The problem?  I went by voting dates that the website listed, starting today.  For some reason they did not letting anyone vote today.  I'm afraid that people who tried to vote today will not stop back later in the week.  This request to vote is extended to my readers.  Voting, when it becomes available, ends December 3rd.  Here's the link: http://www.broadwayworld.com/mermaid.cfm#entries.  Thank you to everyone who has attempted already, I'll let you know when they stop being stupid. 

P.S.  Voting finally started Monday!

No comments: