Monday, November 26, 2007

What was I thinking?

I actually arrived at Kohl's at 4:05 a.m. on Friday.  I couldn't believe they were selling a classic Kitchen Aid mixer for $120, orginal price $250.  The last time I did anything black Friday related was four years ago, and even then I didn't get to the store until 7:00 a.m.  I had my mind fixed on having this mixer.  By the time I found where they were, they were gone.  I got the second thing on my list (pots and pans) and attempted to get in line.  Five minutes later I am able to find the back of the line and wait...and wait.  I hear a woman say to her husband, "There's no line in the front of the store."  My half-awake brain tries to decipher the information and when processed, it's a eureka moment.  I say to the girl next to me, "Let's go to the front of the store!"  We head there and the line was not half as bad.  Everyone was extremely nice considering the bad rep a black Friday crowd gets. 

I just couldn't admit defeat about that mixer.  I thought, if Kohl's can get the price so low, surely another company can sell it for that as well.  I found it on Amazon for the same price, free shipping.  So in the midst of my determination, Julio asks me why do I want this mixer?  What does it do?  I say I don't know, but everyone wants one.  He thinks I'm joking because I'm never like that.  I just know it's a much coveted item for women I know.  It's like an heirloom to pass on to generation after generation.  It will blend food.  Beyond that, not sure.  Anything that helps me cook is a good thing.

All the time and expensive gas wasted, and now it's being shipped to me from the click of a checkout button. Brillant!

No comments: