Thursday, November 22, 2007

Looks like I'll lose to a girl in a bra

What was I thinking going up against the next generation...the YouTube generation.  "The Give Us Your Voice" contest has brought everyone out of the woodwork.  Me, the gen Xer, actually read what was required, and did it.  It's these young people that have to turn it into a whole production making me look bad.  There's nothing wrong with their creativity.  Their generation is used to making every little thing into a video and uploading it for all to see.  In my day, we didn't have fancy things like the "internet" and "digital" cameras.  In my day, we had to send out our film and wait three full days before we ever saw if our thumb was in the picture.

So, it blew me away that a girl made her own "Part of Your World" video pretty decently.  She did her best to make her living room look like an ocean.  She also looked a little too comfortable performing in her purple bra.  Yes, I get it.  Ariel has purple sea shells.  The contest wasn't called "Give Us Your Boobs" contest.  I mean can we sing a song and be done with it? You know what they say, video killed the radio star.  Well I say YouTube killed the chances of me winning this contest because I don't want the whole world seeing me in a bra.

No comments: