Friday, August 29, 2008

Last Week Before School

I set my hopes too high for this last week before they have to go back. I was just hoping to cram in a week of fun, but a little was better than nothing. Monday was supposed to be Dorney Park, our local toned down Six Flags. Julio got sick. Julio was up for a local place instead called Jungle Wonder that now offers kid bowling, black light mini golf, and something called Ballidium which is a room where you shoot foam balls at your opponents (Julio and Julian). No one else was there and the owners were more than generous with our family. Thursday was supposed to be Ocean City, NJ. Madeleine caught a cold Tuesday and still wasn't better. Sometimes things work out, because later that day the news said medical waste washed on shore there. They had to close part of the beach. Hmm, not good. For those who have been with me since I started this blog over three years ago, you will recall my August 06 entry entitled: What can't you find off the coast of NJ? I guess not much has changed. I don't want to offend any NJ relatives, it's just a shame because another stretch of beach was closed nearby a few days ago as well. Part of me just wanted to put my feet in the water one last time this year, but I'm caught up on all my shots, thanks.

So, I bought Julian a Jimmie Johnson backpack at his favorite NASCAR store, and Madeleine chose a princess backpack at Target. Then, I get a call from my boss saying that her dad wants to go into a retirement home instead of having private care. That puts me out of a job within the month. That will free up my weekends at least. I start teaching with Drama Kids in a month working Mondays so that will fill a little of the void. School starts in four days...

3 comments:

Juicebox.mom said...

You did good for the week before school starts! I managed to take mine to just one fun outing (unless you count six trips to Staples fun outings). We went to a waterpark the Friday before school starts. Schools only been in here for 1 week now and it's like she never had 10 weeks of summer :-( Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Madeleine and Julian will look back with fondness at the fun they did have, Holliday! Hope everything works out with them going back to school soon... *ceido*

Count Your Blessings said...

So... how did their first day of school go? I'm eager to hear all about it (and see pics of course!)
Talk with you soon... Love Bean