Saturday, July 8, 2006

Becoming Moira

Recording my lines for Moira was a lot of fun last night. I completed a couple of scenes and will finish by next Friday. I wanted the beginning scene to be very intimate since it's a journal entry. The other scenes I actually was able to put my vocal training to use. I was trying to whisper and it was coming off as raspy. When I whispered using my diaphram it was a perfect take. I always recommend voice lessons to anyone interested in creating a better voice for themselves.  Even if you don't think you have a "good voice" you would be suprised what lessons could do for you.  Well, I'm normally a quiet, shy person. I've always needed acting to let me have a voice. I love playing characters quite opposite from me. Moira is not quite opposite but is more confident and sassy. I hope my producer will be happy with the product. I can't help but feel self-conscious about my acting voice. Singing is easier for me because I find I can manipulate my voice to sound like Jewel to Barbara Striesand. Moira is my own normal talking voice so I feel like I'm exposing a part of myself I don't necessarily like. However, it did give me a great sense of accomplishment. I look forward to developing my character as the week goes on.

No comments: