Sunday, July 2, 2006

Moira Skye

For you sci fi fans out there, I will start recording my lines as Moira this week. This is the biggest gig I have had so far, so I'm sure it will be a learning experience. Even though I married a very creative man, I never thought our creative professional lives would cross. (ok, so when we were 16 we did compose a pretty good poem together,but...) A sci-fi writer and an overly dramatic wanna be Christine Daae working on something? Yes, he is now my director. Having the knowledge of the audio drama workings and voice potrayals, I hired him. It's been very interesting having heated discussions on how lines should be read and how I shouldn't pretend this is a broadway production. For 8 years it's been over bills and the dishes so I'll take it. Here's my confession: I hated everything sci-fi before we got together. After 8 years of marriage I am a Star Trek (DS9), Star Wars and X-files fan. Julio told me about some British show he used to watch as a kid called Doctor Who. He's drooling over a $40 DVD in Suncoast and I'm reminding him we have to pick up diapers on the way home. I was immersed in my first child and had no time for him or I to get into something that was not easily accessible on local cable. But slowly and surely we were huge fans. Anything British I'm a fan of actually, so this fits. Here I am 6 years later staring as the companion in Infinite Imagination's fan produced audio drama. You never know where life is going to take you. Never did I think my husband's creative gain would bring me my own. It's a great outlet for the actress in me and  I don't even have to leave the house. Yes, so I never made it to Broadway. (I'm 5'4" so they would never have taken me anyway) I hope a busy mom who hasn't had acting lessons in 8 years can pull off a character like Moira. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: