Thursday, July 6, 2006

From CSR to professional Barbie

As of next week I will be unemployed. The company I work for is shutting down and I'm the first to go. There are many brightsides to this problem I will try to emphasize here: I will get to be a stay-at-home mom again. My other stay-at-home mom friends I'm sure have felt neglected since I left their ranks so I'll be happy to be in their good graces again.  Spending time with my daughter has been a balancing act since my dish washer broke so we will happily be playing princesses again. She misses me being her "Barbie doll." She would pick a dress out of my closet, then pick out the "slippers." Barbie 101: Don't ever call them shoes. Then she would find a matching tiara and necklace and we would go the ball. This was our game that I have not had time to play lately. But back to my job: I had my own office, I was able to get dressed up every day. I spoke to scientists from all over the country. This is considered glamorous to a girl in the sticks. You might ask "What's the big deal? Find another job!"  Well it's not that easy. I only worked 12 hours a week, traveled 15 minutes to work and they didn't care if I was late! So I will continue looking, however sceptically, in the want ads. I will exchange the power suit for sweats.  That is until I have my wardrobe consultant dress me in my gown and slippers...

No comments: